Ephesus 2 Days 1 Night
Tour Code : EP2D
Day 1 – Istanbul – Ephesus (D)
Take the early morning flight from Istanbul to Izmir.
Arrival and meeting at the airport, transfer to Ephesus. Visit to magnificent ruins of Ephesus. We will spend several hours walking in the footsteps of Alexander the Great, Caesar, Cicero, Apostles Paul and John and many other familiar historical names. The recently opened Slope Houses where the wealthiest Romans lived are an excellent example of sensitive excavation and presentation. The mosaics and frescos are spectacular. Tradition has it that Virgin Mary was brought here by St John after the Crucifixion and lived her final years near the city of Ephesus on an isolated mountaintop. A lovely chapel is constructed on the site tended by Franciscans and open to visitors. It has been designated a pilgrimage site by the Pope. Overnight Kusadasi.
Day 2 -Pamukkale- Hierapolis- Laodicea (188 km) (B.D)
Meeting at the hotel reception at 08:30am
Drive to Pamukkale, on the way, visit to Laodicea (present name Denizli) yet one of the Seven Churches of Asia Minor. Excavations still going on and an ancient city as beautiful as Ephesus will be uncovered soon. We see the ancient theatres, the remains of basilica which was recently uncovered, ancient stone water pipes, Temple A, agora, monumental fountain. After Laodicea, Discovery of Travertine terraces and Hierapolis. The travertine terraces at Pamukkale are one of the most spectacular natural wonders that you can see from various mineral springs in a vast white cliff side. About 200 m overlooking the plain, calcite-laden waters have dripped down over a series of terraced levels and created a fairyland of bizarre solidified cascades and shell-shaped basins. It looks like creations from snow or like balls from cotton, which gave the scenery the Turkish name Pamukkale (cotton castle): “pamuk” for cotton and “kale” for castle. Moreover the water in the basins is changing its color according to how the light enters. Transfer to Denizli airport for your flight to Istanbul in the evening – END OF SERVICES
B = Breakfast L= Lunch D = Dinner (Lunch excluded on private tours)
We can custom design your itinerary to create a touring program that most ideally suits your personal, educational, cultural, and budgetary requirements. Please contact us for details and we will design your dream tour.
|Small Group Tours|
|Departure||Guaranteed Departures Daily|
|Group||Min. 2–4 people / Max 8-12 people|
|1 Person||799 € Per Person|
|2 People||527 € Per Person|
|3 People||442 € Per Person|
|4 People||399 € Per Person|
|5 People||374 € Per Person|
|6 People+||Please ask|
|Departure||Guaranteed Departures Daily|
We have a wide range of hotels and upgrades available. You may wish to stay in a hotel not listed here. Just give us a name and we will check rates for that particular hotel. You may also book your own hotel and still join the tour. Click here to see Hotel upgrade options
- Domestic flights in the program.
- Airport transfers where needed.
- Transportation by a comfortable AC non smoking Luxurious car/Van with professional driver.
- Professional and experienced licensed guide during the tours.
- Accommodation in Charming or Deluxe superior Hotels.
- Entry fees to the sites and museums.
- Breakfast included in the hotel.
- Parking fees.
- International flights
- Lunch & Dinner *
- Tips to guide, driver and hotel personnel
- * Refer to itinerary, (B) means breakfast, (L) Lunch, (D) Dinner is included if printed next to day’s itinerary on small group tours. Lunch excluded on private tours.
- On daily city tours; flights, hotels, airport transfers are not included.
- Please ask for discounted rates for family and for large groups.
- Rates in EURO per person sharing a Double Room.
- Flights tickets are e-tickets. Calculation is based on promotional class and rates are subject to change until ticketed. You will receive references to flight tickets after booking.
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances outside the control of Euphrates Tours.
- Small Group tours are with English speaking guide. On Private Tours, you may ask to have Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Russian or Japanese Speaking guides which will depend on availibility.
- You may join this tour in Istanbul or Cappadocia, we can reverse the itinerary.
- For groups over 10 people, contact us for special rates.